Monday 3 January 2011

A Jamie's 30 Minute Meal every week

Following the spirit of Julie and Julia, I am going to blog about cooking one of Jamie's 30 Minute Meals every week....
Here's this weeks...
Mustard Chicken, Dauphinoise Potatoes, Greens, Black Forest Affogato
I decided to cook this for my inlaws this week when they came for lunch.
Some points of note
1. Jamie says you should not substitute or make any alterations.  What happens when the supermarket you go to has sold out of one of the items (rare I know).  You have to substitute. Thus, I ended up using (frozen) summer fruits instead of black cherries.  It was still great.
2. For all the outcry about the meal not taking 30 minutes, I managed in about 45. Without a food processor.  And this was mostly waiting for the potatoes to cook.
3. I think I added too much mustard for the mustard chicken.
4. The inlaws still loved it.

Next week - sort of Sausage Cassolet.

1 comment:

  1. well done, Sarah. The lemon chicken was pretty good too, wasn't it? Loved the tomato salad.xxxx

    ReplyDelete